We are looking for seasonal workers for an organic berry farm in North Savo, Finland. On the farm, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and bush blueberries are cultivated both in tunnels and in the open field. The workplace is located 30 km from Kuopio, on Kortejoki, in a rural landscape on the shore of Lake Kallavesi. (Read more about our beautiful area: https://issuu.com/kuopio/docs/kuopio_by_nature_2023_web)
- Berry picking
- Taking care of the whole process from collection of berries for them to be ready to be sold
- Other berry farm work such as weeding
Work starts according to agreement in June and will last till the end of September. Work is done in the mornings. Typical day is from 5 am or 6 am to 11 am or 14 pm.
We expect from you:
- Responsible working attitude and precise and detailed way of working as the same tasks are done repeatedly and with high quality.
- Energetic working attitude.
- Hopefully you are an early bird, since the work starts in the very beginning of a day.
- You are at least 18 years old.
Please note that the work requires good physical health.
English language skills and driver's licence category C is considered as an advantage.
We offer you:
- A good orientation to work tasks.
- Down-to-earth and interesting work, the opportunity to develop your skills and a relaxed, international and youthful work community!
- Salary is 300-500 € per week based on contract (5-6 days per week). Salary in accordance with the Collective Agreement on Rural industries and is based on piece work pay or hourly salary.
- Support and information related to immigration and living in Finland in a cooperation with EURES.
- Possibility of an accommodation (at your own cost)
How to apply:
Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com by 15.4.2023. Please use title "Organic berry farm". Applications are reviewed already during the application period.
For questions concerning the job, Finland or the application process, you can contact Titta Kuusela at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important information:
Work in Finland: https://tyomarkkinatori.fi/en/personal-customer/internationality/coming-to-finland-from-abroad
Welcome to Finland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZslYLYzwIO8
Welcome to work in the Finnish countryside:
Working & Living in Finland -broadcast series:
Working&Living in Finland: Episode 7 - How to find & apply for the jobs, the Finnish way!
Working&Living in Finland: Episode 4 - First things to do when moving to Finland / bureaucratic process
What is EURES and what it can do for you?